Thursday, February 9, 2012

OBAK - Packs 9 to 12


After three autos in the last batch of packs, it is only to be expected that this group will be a bit less exciting. Sure enough, it was a bit of a snoozer. I am not even sure I can muster a lot of commentary either. I'll try, but don't expect much.

Pack 9

6 - Austin Jackson
24 - Ray Chapman T212 Mini


To this day, the only player killed due to a game related event.

21 - Cal Ripken, Jr.
33 - Ben McDonald
39 - Don Baylor


This card is part of the MiLB Player of the Year subset. Baylor earned that honor while playing for the Rochester Red Wings in 1970.

105 - Charlie Ward

Pack 10

1 - Dustin Ackley
9 - Roger Clemens T212 Mini
18 - Andre Dawson


The Hawk.

30 - Jeff Borroughs
50 - Sebastian "Sibby" Sisti


Sibby looks like he is doing his Icarus impression on this card.

84 - John Pemberton

Pack 11

4 - Starlin Castron
18 - Jason Heyward T212 Mini
75 - Bernice Gera



84 - John Pemberton
103 - Francis Ouimet



This is part of the Muli-Sport subset, although it is a bit of a stretch. Francis Oiumet was strictly an amateur golfer, but funded his playing by working at a sporting goods store owned by baseball HOFer George Wright.

106 - Hulk Hogan

Pack 12

24 - Jack Dunn
29 - Bernice Gera T212 Mini
36 - Smead Jolley


Part of the Minor Leagues Best subset. Jolley had a short (3 years), but successful major league career. He is more known for his time in the Pacific Coast League, back when it was considered the West Coast near-equivalent of MLB. He was a lifetime .367 hitter in the minors, with .372 at the AA level (which was the highest level at the time.)

72 - Al Munro Elias
81 - Connie Mack



I'm sorry, but whenever I see the word "tactician" I always think of this scene from one of the Coen Brothers more underrated films, Intolerable Cruelty (starts at around 0:36):



92 - Charles Tiffany

On a unrelated note, does anyone have a child that collects foreign coins? While sorting through a lot of boxes I had stored in my barn, I came across a bunch of coins that my father gave me when he was travelling for work back in the 1970s. I have coins from France, Italy, Great Britain, Germany, Switzerland, Denmark, Sweden, The Netherlands, Mexico, Australia, and Singapore. If I can find them, I'll even through in some modern coins from Mexico and the EU. They are all circulated, so they won't have any value and I really don't have much use for them, so I'd like to get them into the hands of someone who collects coins. Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment