Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Fleer Greats - Packs 4 - 6

Pack 4

82 - Al Rosen
96 - Frank Robinson


I chose this one for an odd reason. I have a Paul Blair player collection and, so, set up a automatic search on EBay to keep an eye out for cards I don't already have. One item that comes up frequently is a picture of Paul Blair and Frank Robinson. Here is an auction for that photo.

While googling for that photo, I was surprised to find that there is a person named Blair Robinson, a granddaughter of Ray Charles, who apparently was sexually harassed by Steven Seagal. Make of that what you will.

104 - Paul Molitor
106 - Johnny Sain


I think one of my favorite old-timey players is Warren Spahn. He was born in Buffalo, near my hometown of Rochester, and lived out his retirement in Oklahoma, my adopted home. And who can think of Warren Spahn and not think of Johnny Sain.

Spahn and Sain and pray for rain!

116 - Jerry Koosman

Pack 5

87 - John Kruk


Check out that mullet. Only one in the set. You think I wouldn't show it? It's glorious!

92 - Nap Lajoie
134 - Frankie Frisch
144 - Rick Sutcliffe

In my introductory post, I mentioned that I should expect one game used relic. Well I got one in this pack. To draw out the suspense just a little, I've hid the photo and you have to click below to see it.






Pack 6

84 - Preacher Roe


Looking back, I am not sure why I chose this other than I think the design of this set works best when using black and white photos.

91 - Catfish Hunter
108 - Ryne Sandberg
133 - Rollie Fingers
Forever Cubs - Gabby Harnett (72/1922)



Coming tomorrow: A decent, if uninspiring block of cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment