Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mail Call - New Year Edition


Today was a good day. Let me count the ways:

  • Two trade packages arrived today. One from Ryan at Oh, No!!! Another Orioles Blog and one from Ted over at Crinkly Wrappers.

  • I won a contest over at the Net54Baseball.com discussion forum. It was a closest to the pin contest relative to the final sales price of three EBay auctions. My major award was $50 and a net54baseball T-shirt. Both are most appreciated. As many of you know, my wife and I have a small horse farm. So, I spend a lot of time out taking care of the horses and the property. I go through an ungodly number of ball caps and t-shirts every year. Plus, the $50 will allow me to take a small hiatus from my hiatus and get myself some cards. I will probably use it to make progress on my 2001 Heritage set.

  • I had a phone interview about a job last Friday and I have been asked in for a face-to-face interview next Friday, the 27th. As it is, the last day on my current job is one day before, Thursday the 26th. I hope that is a good omen, though I don't generally believe in such things.



  • So, without any further nonsense, let's take a look at one of the trade packages. I sent Ryan some cards to help him with sets he was working on (2009 OPC, 2011 Bowman) and actually was able to send him a card he didn't already have in his Cal Ripken, Jr. player collection. It was a duplicate Cal from one of my favorite sets, 2004 Fleer Greats of the Game.

    In exchange, I got one card, but what a card it was!



    Now, as I have said, I am not much into game used relic cards, but this was Mo. Need I say more? Of course not. Saying anything more would just be gilding the lily.

    Because it is Mo.

    This is really the first card I got this year and, I have got to tell you, it is going to be hard to top when December rolls around and it is time to countdown my favorite cards of the year. I like this card so much it is going in a binder right next to my Willie Mays autographed card.

    I mean, seriously. It's Mo!



    I'll try and get a post up about my trade with Ted in the next couple days, but I have my hands full closing out my current job and I have a lot of prep work to do over the next 10 days for this job interview. So, stay tuned. But, don't hold your breath. Just in case.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment