Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August Card Show Haul - Fleer

I was hoping to get a card or two for my 1963 Fleer set.  I need 15 cards to finish the 66 card set, but I really didn't find any that were in decent condition. The ones I did find were low quality, so I passed.  But, I was able to make a little progress on my 1960 and 1961 Fleer sets. I got nine cards total for 1960, including these three below.


I'm not a huge fan of this set. It looks a little like a craft project.  But since I have already started 1961 and 1963, I figure it makes sense to build 1960 as well.  It is a small set, at 80 cards, and the cards are reasonably inexpensive. Only 4 cards (Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, and Ted Williams) will set you back some coin.  As it stands, I have 24 out of the 80 cards. So, I have a ways to go yet with all of the more expensive cards (except Nap Lajoie) to go.

This next card, from 1961 Fleer, is one of my favorite new cards from the show.


It books out at $80, but I was able to get it for $15, which makes it the third most expensive card I got at the show.  The scan doesn't do it justice, but it is in great shape. Not get-it-graded shape, but really good condition for being over 50 years old.  For this set, I have 60 out of the 154 cards with two of the six expensive cards already in hand (Ty Cobb and Gehrig, above.)

Up next: Screaming deals and dollar boxes.


No comments:

Post a Comment