Monday, March 30, 2015

Fleer Autograph Project - Part 40

If you consider a number ending in zero a milestone, I have reached another milestone.  What you see below is the 40th card of my 1963 Fleer set that I have autographed out of the 66 card set.


This card was an Ebay purchase and was PSA/DNA certified as an authentic signature. As is my habit, I busted it out of the slab and put it into the UltraPro sheet for my set. I think they look better like that. I'm not totally satisfied with the condition of the card. Although the edges are sharp and the corners in good shape, it is stained. But, given that Ron Santo is no longer with us, I follow the advice of my dear mother who said "beggars can't be chosers."  If a better version comes along, I may upgrade.  In the mean time, I am happy with this card.

Hopefully, there is more coming soon. I still have one TTM out from the original four I mailed at the beginning of March.  I have, as I believe I mentioned, another three TTMs I want to get out, although between work and farm chores,  I haven't made any progress. I also have another three cards out for paid signings. One, that I have referred to before, is a big name. Unfortunately, it has been delayed 3 times and I am becoming resigned to the fact that it may not happen.  There is a fourth paid signing I have identified and that card will go out in the next couple weeks.  So, stay tuned.

1 comment: