Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 Goals Revisited



So, with the start of the new year, it is time to see how I did, hobby wise, in 2013.  So, let's take a look:

Sets I intended to finish:

  1. All the Insert sets to 2004 Fleer Greats of the Game, except the Announcing Greats - Well, I didn't finish the Forever insert set, but I did actually finish the Announcing Greats inserts.  So, I consider this one achieved even though I have a different incomplete insert set than I had figured.
  2. 1971 - Done!
  3. 1973 - I did not finish this set. 
  4. 1963 Fleer - Done!
Sets to continue working on:
  1. 1960 and 1961 Fleer -  I am now only 9 cards away from completing 1960.
  2. 2009 through 2011 Obak - I actually completed 2010 and 2011 Obak.
  3. Continue to work on my Paul Blair and Johnny Antonelli player collections -  I had wanted to add more OPC Blair's and a 1950 Bowman Antonelli to my player collections. I didn't do either. But I did add a few cards to both player collections in 2013.
  4. 1963 Fleer autograph project - I started 2013 with 16 of these cards autographed.  I am entering 2014 at 26.  I'd call that a success.
Sets that I'd like to start of the opportunity presents itself:

  1. 1975 Topps - I added a few 75s here and there, but no serious activity
  2. 1959 Fleer Ted Williams - I did start this set with a splurge purchase during the fall. I have 33 of the 80 cards and am working a trade for some more.
  3. 1959 Fleer Three Stooges - did not start.
Overall, it was a pretty good year. 

What I am listening to: "The Road to Ensenada" by Lyle Lovett



2 comments:

  1. You took on some amazing sets in 2013. Congratulations on finishing 63F and 71T sets. And thanks for sharing this Lovett song. I don't think I have ever taken the time to listen to his music. Only knew him for his marriage to Julia Roberts in the 90's. But I really like that song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He isn't your typical country singer. Thank God. I once saw him sing the national anthem at the AQHA World Show and he sang it straight. No twanging it up like other country artists.

      Delete