Thursday, June 13, 2013

Insane, Redux



About a year ago, I posted about a Nabisco All Star Legends card of Paul Blair that sold on EBay for $68.33.


At the time, I thought that was nuts.  I never saw another one come available until earlier this week when one showed up on EBay.  I have been watching it carefully and set myself up ready to bid on it as the seconds wound down on the auction.  I was prepared to go as high as $25 for this card.  I never got to bid since, with about 10 seconds to go, it shot past my upper limit.  How much did it go for?

Check it out for yourself.

$105.83.  I am sorry, but no. I have purchased a NM 1962 Willie Mays for less than that.  I got a really nice 1954 Jackie Robinson for about that same amount.  There is no way I would pay anywhere near that much for this card.

I am just going to have to accept that this card, like the Topps Venezuelans, will never be part of my Paul Blair player collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment