Thursday, March 7, 2013

Death and Taxes....


...and card shows!

With much trepidation, I sat down this week and did my taxes.  For reasons I won't bore you with, I expected to owe a fair amount. I was pleasantly surprised to not only get a refund, but a sizeable refund.



Most of it will be going into improvements on the 5 acre plot of land adjoining my farm that I am in the process of buying.  But I am going to earmark some of that for possible splurging at the OKC card show this weekend.

My goals will be remain fairly simple:

  1. Get as close to finished as possible on my 1971 set.
  2. Knock off a few more 1960 and 1961 Fleer cards
  3. Make some progress on my 1968 Topps game insert set
  4. Maybe make one big purchase towards the sets I am currently working on. Like maybe the 1963 Fleer Clemente I need
I do have a hard time leaving with any money in my pocket, so we'll see if I can stick to my plan for that last one.

1 comment: