Sunday, August 26, 2018

1956 Topps - The Penultimate Card

As you may recall, I am getting close to finishing 1956 Topps after 7 years of buying cards from that set.  When last I posted I was down to needing two cards.  Mr. Haverkamp, who I met at the National show in Cleveland, emailed me and mentioned that he had one of the two remaining cards. He wasn't sure if the condition was up to my expectations.  However, the I have cards in all conditions from Fair up to Near Mint.  My main criteria was that the card was affordable (generally less than 1/3 of book valiue) and that it didn't look like a dogs chew toy. So, it isn't a major consideration.  Beside, look for yourself:


This card is in better condition than several cards in my set and considerably better condition that my Yankees team card.  So, into the binder it goes! Another one down. Only one left to go!

1 comment:

  1. I've had that card since I was 14 years old. Funny how that happens.

    ReplyDelete