Friday, March 10, 2017

1963 Fleer Autograph Project, Part 54 Revisited

A few weeks back, a high quality autographed 1963 Fleer set came up for auction at a legit auction house.  This set had 65 out of 66 cards signed and authenticated; missing only Roberto Clemente.  I kept my eye on the auction, but it was quickly bid up past my means and eventually sold for $2900 (before buyers premium!) I thought nothing more of it until about a week and half ago when the same set showed up on EBay being auctioned off individually.  Having just received my annual bonus at work, I decided to bid on 7 cards; 5 I still needed and 2 that would upgrade my current version.

The auctions closed this past Sunday, and I was poised on line for the final bidding.  I managed to snag 3 cards total. One was an upgrade and the other two filled in holes.  I'm pretty excited that I am now up to 62 of 66 cards autographed.  I think you'll see why.  But, I'm going to make you wait and break this up into 3 posts.

Here is the upgrade:




You can see my original signed Clinton here.

Coming up tomorrow: the first of two new additions to my autographed set.

What I am listening to:  Boom Boom in the Zoom Zoom Room by Blondie



No comments:

Post a Comment