Sunday, August 16, 2020

Ask and Thou Shalt Receive

A couple posts ago, I showed off some framed bookplates that featured artwork from the Duke N101 set. I mentioned that I didn't have any cards from that set.  Shortly thereafter, a dozen or so cards from that set came up individually on eBay.  Most ended up selling right in that $15-$20 range. I low bid hoping to bottom feed my way into at least one. And I did get exactly one.







I've got to be honest, I cannot find any information about Villous horses.  There is a lot of naturalist engravings and prints from the Victorian era. But, nothing modern. I have no idea if this references a breed or if it is a proper name.  Going to have to ask my horse friends that are more knowledgeable than I am.

What I am Listening To: No Man's Land by Bob Seger


2 comments:

  1. I like the wood grain background on that card. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I like that song and want to hit play, but there's a power outage and watching videos eats up my laptop battery.

      Delete