Now, I still will add modern single cards to my collection and will occasionally build a modern set that catches my fancy. But for the most part, I am a vintage set builder.
Yesterday, I got the bug and bought myself a blaster of 2019 Allen and Ginter. For the most, part it didn't really interest me, although two subsets seemed like something I'd add to my collection.
The first was The History of Flight
The second, as any of you who have been around my blog over time (and there are at least 3 or 4 of you), was Mares and Stallions. I the Andalusian in the blaster and liked it so much, I decided to put that subset together and went online to see what the rest of the cards looked like.
And I saw this:
Appaloosa color patterns here and Paint color patterns here. Seriously, that image doesn't even match Topps own description on the back.
I suppose I shouldn't expect better from Topps and just let it go. But, I cannot explain how much this ticks me off. Get your shit together, Topps!
Anyways, if you have any cards from these two subsets and want to trade, hit me up.
What I am listening to: He's my Baby by Donna Hightower
I have some available for trade: https://fanofreds.blogspot.com/2019/07/for-trade-2019-topps-allen-ginter.html Shoot me an email if interested.ReplyDelete
The flight cards are cool. I have been putting that together myself. The extras in Ginter are always fun.ReplyDelete
That's a shame... but honestly... I'm not surprised.ReplyDelete
This is a very familiar story, I did the exact same thing... so much wasted money :(ReplyDelete
It would be interesting to know if the rest of the horses in the set are correctly identified.
Generally, the rest looked fine, although I have two quibbles. First, while the Irish Cob is acceptable, I would have labeled it as a Gypsy Vanner, which is the name more familiar to an American equestrian. Second, I am hoping that the subject they modelled the Cleveland Bay image after was a very pregnant mare. Otherwise, they chose one that has a hormonal disorder like Cushings Disease.Delete