Thursday, March 15, 2018

1963 Fleer Autograph Project - Part 63

It is late and I've been up 21 straight hours.  I got up at 3:00 AM this morning and left home at 4:00 to catch a flight to Houston to attend an industry briefing on the expected effects of the recently imposed steel tariffs (Long story short, they won't do what they are intended.) At the end of the day, I started my trip home that, unfortunately, included a 3 hour layover in Dallas.  I am home now, but it is after midnight and I am wound up.  So, I am going to have an adult beverage, crank this post out and hopefully get some sleep.

Here it is.  The 63rd autographed 1963 Fleer card (out of 66 total cards in the set) that I have added to my collection.





I snagged this on EBay in raw form for less than $40 and sent it off for authentication.  It arrived back today.  I only have three cards from 1963 Fleer that are not autographed:

38 - Dick Farrell
56 - Roberto Clemente
60- Ken Boyer

At the moment, I am still planning to attend the National in Cleveland this summer. I have family in Cleveland and it is a good opportunity to visit.  If I do end up going, adding one or more of the three above will be my goal.  I expect that Clemente will never happen, but I would be pleased to eventually add the other two.

What I am listening to:  Jackson by Carlene Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment