Of course, being on the wrong side of 50, I have personal resolutions for 2017:
- Lose some weight. In 2016, I slimmed down from over 220 to 188. With the holidays, I've put about 8 pounds back on. I'd like to lose that and a few more. Ideally, I'd like to get under 185.
- Exercise. With a full time job, a 40-60 minute commute on each end of the day, and a 17 acre farm to care for, I have little time for aerobic exercise. But, I'd at least like to start walking more.
- Thunder up! My wife and I bought a 6 game package for the OKC Thunder this year and will probably end up going to 8-10 games, overall We've talked about getting on the wait list for season tickets next year. They would be in the nose bleed section, because anything closer to the floor would be out of our price range. It would be hard to make it to 40 games next year, so we may look for another couple to go halfsies with us.
- Finish one or both of 1970 and 1972 Topps. These are the last two sets I need to finish the run of Topps sets from the 1970s.
- Finish 1961 Fleer. Only four cards to go, although two are expensive: Ted Williams and Babe Ruth.
- Cut the remaining want list on 1956 Topps by a third. I need 75 cards, plus the two checklists, to finish.So, 25 new (to me) cards.
- Although I suspect that I'm pretty much at the end of this quest, I'd like to add one more autographed 1963 Fleer card to that set. Of the 7 cards I still need, only one player is still living and that is Willie Mays. Of the 6 other cards, one is Roberto Clemente. Those two ain't happening. So, it will have to be Vic Power, Vada Pinson, Dick Farrell, Ken Boyer, or Gene Oliver.
- Maybe have some original content around here.
- Get rid of all the cards I don't want. That is my collection in the picture. Top two shelves are my sets. The third shelf down is all my duplicates and unwanted cards. The bottom shelf is supplies and what not. I'd like to clean that third shelf out.
What I am listening to: The L&N Don't Stop Here Anymore by Billy Bragg and Joe Henry