Friday, April 1, 2016

Miscellaneous March Madness - Vintage Edition

March was a semi-active month hobby-wise.  I put an order in at COMC and picked up a few things on EBay. I didn't spend much money, but I did get enough to milk three weak posts out of it. Normally, I'd save the vintage for the last post, but as I worked through the scanning and cropping, I decided I really didn't want to do everything at once.  It's a Friday night, I have an glass with two fingers of Glenmorangie, and I am in with striking distance of finishing the last season of Star Trek:Voyager.  So, since I had started with the vintage cards, that is what I am going to feature in this post.




Boom! The last three cards I needed for my 1979 set.  This is the eighth Topps set from the 1970s that I have completed.  I have finished 1971 and the entire run from 1973 through 1979.  1979 was the last year I had any cards from in my youth and will be the most current Topps set I intend to complete.



Two more cards from 1961 Fleer, leaving me only four left to complete that set. Unfortunately, two of those remaining four are Babe Ruth and Ted Williams.  Very expensive and I expect it will take me a while to find them in the right condition at the right price.

Coming up: Modern cards and some player collection additionsl

What I am listening to:  So Far Away by Carole King


2 comments:

  1. Nice Fleer and great music choice. I'll be listening to a lot of her come July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to her concert in Hyde Park on July 3?

    My music interests have recently gravitated towards singer-songwriters. Mostly in the roots music genre. Willie Nelson, James McMurtry, Justin Townes Earle. But, I am now discovering osinger-songwriters in other genres like Carole King and Stevie Wonder.

    ReplyDelete