Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Trading Up


About two weeks ago, I posted about my winnings from a group break over at Net54 Baseball.  You may recall I won a 1938 Goudey Jimmy Foxx. I really liked the card, but it did not fit in my collection. So, I ended up deciding to trade it away.  I posted about wanting to trade it for 1956 star cards over at, again, Net54.  I was able to work out a deal to get two cards I needed for my 1956 set, along with a little extra cash thrown in. Here are the cards I got:






I know, I know.  The Clemente is crooked.  I know that may offend some of you, but I had a long day at work and just got in from doing the farm chores in the cold. All I want to do is get some sleep.


With these two cards, I only have Mickey Mantle and Sandy Koufax left to get out of the cards with the highest book values.  I am not out of the woods, to be sure. I still have a fair number of cards to go from the second tier , like Al Kaline, Ernie Banks, Duke Snider, and Harmon Killebrew.  But, it does feel good to get these two out of the way.

How am I doing overall on the '56 set?  I am at about 160 cards from the 340 card set. So, I am getting close to half way.

2 comments: