Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Favorite Cards of 2012 #6 - A Long Time Favorite


Another multi-card post!

Anyone who has read my ramblings for more than a month probably knows my undying love for the 2004 Fleer Greats of the Game set.  I found my first cards from the set in a discount box very soon after I got back into collecting.  A few hobby boxes later and I have completed the base set and am getting fairly close on completing the three insert sets (Glory of Their Time, Battery Mates, and Forever.)

I have toyed with the idea of working on the Blue parallels (numbered to 500 for the first series, but only to 75 for the second) and also the gold autographed cards.  Although, this isn't a high priority for me.  I'll only get the blue parallels if I can get them in bulk and I'll only get the autographed cards if I can get them on the cheap.  Which means I'll probably never complete these parts of the set.  Earlier this year, I did have a little success on both fronts. But, it has been a dry well since then.  But, I did get some cards I like quite well.



Who knows anymore if these are really game used. But, I do love the old time wool uniforms.  And these are just sharp looking cards.


I have also managed to accumulate 25 of the auto cards (out of a 109 card set.)

Tomorrow, I'll take a break from the coundown to feature two cards I got in the mail on Christmas Eve day.

No comments:

Post a Comment