Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Favorite Cards of 2012 #12 - My only 1/1


The most short printed card I ever pulled from a pack was a 3/5 Carlos Santana that I got from a box of 2009 Obak and traded that off to Plaschke, so I didn't really have any super exclusive cards in my collection until March of this year.




I had made dayf a "custom card" based on the 1976 Big League Brothers insert and, in return, I got back a bunch of Heritage and 1976 Topps cards, plus the 1/1 you see above.

This card seems to see ponies through the eyes of an 8 year old girl. As many of you know, my wife and I have a small horse farm and even have two fer-realzy ponies.   And trust me, folks, the realities of ponies are not quite so sparkly.  It isn't all pink jodhpurs and glittery bridles.  The etymology of the phrase "there must be a pony in there somewhere" is grounded in a dirty reality.

But, this is still on my list of favorite cards of 2012 because dayf took the time to conceive and execute it with me in mind.  Topps can never top that.

No comments:

Post a Comment