Saturday, October 15, 2011

Off to the Show

When this post goes up, I'll likely be driving up to OKC for the October card show. I am not real hopeful that it will be real productive for me. My favorite seller, Roger Neufeldt of Sports Memories of Oklahoma is in Virginia this weekend at the Chantilly show*. Plus, the show looks to be in a smaller room than normal, which may mean there are fewer sellers overall. I think the main focus of the organizer tomorrow is really the autograph signings, which include NFL Hall of Famer Mel Renfro and Heisman Winner Jason White.

My goals for this show are going to be modest.


  1. Start whittling away at my want list for the 1971 set

  2. Pick up a few inexpensive 1956 cards

  3. See if there is any reasonably priced boxes of 2010 or earlier Heritage



If this show ends up being like the one in July, with little vintage on the tables, I'll just bail earlier and head to my LCS, where I know I can find some 71s to paw through.

* I did actually meet Roger at his warehouse as he was swapping inventory out from the Houston show he as at and adding in what he was taking to Virginia. But, that is a story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment