Monday, April 23, 2012

Mail Call - Back in the EBay Saddle


So, when I got the news that I was going to be getting a job offer, I went a little nuts. Besides hitting two local LCS that have good selections of vintage, I decided to do a little EBaying to add some cards to my Paul Blair and Johnny Antonelli player collections. I either won or hit the BIN on 5 items and the first two came in today.


It looks like your run of the mill 1976 Topps card, but if you look closely a the left side of the card, you will see a rough edge that is typical of O-Pee-Chee cards of that era.


I snagged this little honey for 8.99, which may be overpaying. The book value on 1955 Golden Stamps run from $20 for the big stars to $2 for regular players. I don't have a subscription to Beckett and there isn't a Antonelli stamp at COMC, so I am not sure what the book is on this one. But, I don't care in the slightest. I like this stamp real well. As far as the slab? I'm going to bust this bad boy out of the PSA slab. I like having my collection in Ultra Pro sheets, and I really don't give a rip for having things graded. I will be freeing it from it's plastic jail. Oh, yes I will.

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment