Saturday, April 7, 2012

Can't Afford Food? Buy Cards

Okay, that is a bit of an exaggeration. I am generally swore off buying cards until I am employed again. I have bought a rack pack of Heritage, but felt guilty, so I am giving them away as the opportunity presents itself. So, what is the post about?

Well, when I knew that I was leaving my last job, I needed to get a cell phone as I have only ever had one through work. The phone I ended up getting came with a $50 dollar refund in the form of a VISA debit card. That debit card arrived last week and I had to figure out how best to use it. I started off buying Super-Mega prescription strength flea and tick collars for my dogs which came to $38.97. I spent another $4.97 on postage sending out some trade packages.

That left me $6.06 to go wild with. I didn't want to be one of those guys in line at Target saying "Put X dollars on this card and Y dollars on this other card, so I decided that 6 bucks wasn't going to be missed one way or the other. So, I splurged on one of those U-Pick-10 auctions on EBay and ended up winning. I focused on the 2011 Heritage inserts and my winning bid was $5.99 with free shipping. So, here they are:


Yeah, that is nine. That is all I can fit on the scanner and was feeling too lazy to scan the tenth card. If you really care to know, and I don't blame you if you don't, it was a News Flashback unrelated to baseball. As you have probably surmised I was also too lazy to shoop the scan down into individual cards.

Yeah, I phoned this one in.

See what I did there? Phoned it in. Get it? Phoned it in. Because I bought these cards with my phone rebate. Funny, huh?

No? I'll get my hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment