I'm so excited about this weekend's card show, I can barely stand myself. I've got my want lists together and just need to get through the rest of the day. My priorities for the show are fairly simple. I don't need to hit all of these to consider it a successful show. If I can do a credible job on the first two, I'll be happy.
- 1971 Topps - I need 111 cards to complete the set, 101 of which are the semi-high and high numbers. I also have 78 cards I would like to upgrade into the EX+ range. My focus tomorrow will be on knocking off some of those semi-high and high numbers I need and upgrade some of the worst of the low numbers. I harbor no illusions that I will be able to complete the set. I won't have enough coin with me to do so, even if all the cards were available.
- 1976 Topps - I only need 91 cards to finish this set. My intent for tomorrow is to try and knock off a lot of the commons I need. My approach to building sets is to get as many commons as I can at a card shop here in Norman, then repeat at another card shop up in OKC, then hit the bimonthly show. I then repeat the cycle with the stars in the set and finish up getting whatever is left on the want list (usually 10 or less cards) at COMC. Since I am not yet at the end of the search for commons, I'll likely stay away from the stars tomorrow, and hit the LCS sometime in the next few weeks.
- 1956 Topps - This is the one set I am actively working where I am not overly concerned about condition, so I'll probably just pick up a few 1956 cards out of the discount boxes and call it good.
- Dime/Quarter/Dollar boxes - I'll probably go through some of these boxes looking for trade bait and other cards that might catch my fancy.
- 1960s Fleer - I have started on 1963 Fleer set but can be a bit expensive since it was the first Fleer set printed with contemporary stars. I may see if I can find some 1960 and/or 1961 Fleer cards, which are far less expensive since they were really "stars of the past" sets. Indeed, I would expect to find 60/61 Fleers in the dollar boxes. So this goal may well be a subsidiary goal of the one above it.