Sunday, May 1, 2011

Oscar Gamble Hair Club For Men


Now that I am essentially having to locate one card to complete my 1974 set, I am going to get a start on 1977. A trip to the local card shop yesterday, and I already have close to 20% of the set in my hands. The owner has another full 800 count box yet to go through and I'll go back to paw through that one in a few weeks after my upcoming travel is over. One thing that struck me in the sample of cards I went through was how popular big-ole afros were in the late Seventies.

Most of you are probably familiar with the iconic 1976 Oscar Gamble traded card. If not, you can see it here. So, in honor of that iconic piece of cardboard, I am dubbing this possibly-recurring-but-probably-not feature the Oscar Gamble Hair Club for Men:













No comments:

Post a Comment