Thursday, January 19, 2012

Confusion Reigns




I was pretty pleased with my recent trade with Ted at Crinkly Wrappers. I got the last cards I needed to finish the Topps Lineage and Update base sets. Here are a few highlights:






There was more, but they included either non-descript players or Red Sox. Can't be showin' them.

Then something strange happened. As I paged through the appropriate binder to put the cards Ted sent in their rightful place, I found other holes in both sets. More specifically, there was 3 empty Update pockets and 4 for Lineage. I am usually pretty good about keeping my want lists up to date, so I am not sure exactly how that happened. My best guess is that I traded for them in the past, put them on the shelf in my card closet so they could be scanned first before being filed away, and they got lost in the shuffle. I have gone through my duplicates boxes and haven't found them. I can only surmise that they have fallen behind the shelving unit and are lying in the floor.

Unfortunately, I don't really have time right now to look for them and probably won't until after my job interview on the 27th. So, in the mean time, I've thrown a want list back up on the sidebar for those two sets.


But that is not the extent of what Ted sent. Oh no, my friends, it wasn't. He helped me some on my 1976 set and gave my a huge leg up on starting 1973. But more of that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment