Monday, August 24, 2020

Miscellany

Life continues to be busy and my hobby activity has been hit and miss.   Mostly miss, though I have picked up a couple random things.



This is a 1968 Sports Service Photo for my Paul Blair collection.  I have held off on adding photos to a card collection, but I have finally weakened.  I don't know a lot about Sports Service and some cursory research doesn't result in much.  It is something I need to look into.  I'll probably start over atNet54 and go from there.  This photo is actually 4 1/4 inches by 7 1/4 inches.  And, of course, I don't have any two pocket pages to put it in.


This is the final card I needed to complete my 1994 Ted Williams Card Company set.  It is the checklist card for the Dan Gardiner subset. Interestingly, I expected that this card just reused artwork from the player cards in the subset.   To be sure, some are very similar, but none are exact matches.  I find that level of attention to detail admirable and makes me wonder what could have happened if this card company continued to issue sets after 1994.  I'm not particularly fond of the card backs, but I really like the card front designs, which show the same level of attention that I reference relative to the checklist card above.

In fact, now that I think of it, it would be fun to a post on the set.  Of course, working on those few 1970 Topps card back sets I did was fun and I have managed to not follow-up with a new entry in that series in forever. Winter is coming soon and I'll have more time then.

Anyways, now that I have the 1994 set complete, I have updated my Want List sidebar to show what I need to complete the 1993 Ted Williams set.

What I am listening to: Rogers Park by Justin Townes Earle (I have posted this once before, but I just heard last night that JTE has passed away at the age of 38. If you get a chance, listen to his "Harlem River Blues" album. It is brilliant.)


1 comment:

  1. A. The artwork on that checklist card is fantastic. Congratulations on completing the set.

    B. Not familiar with Justin Townes Earle, but sad to hear the news that he passed away at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete