Friday, May 11, 2018

Coming Into View

If my blog has accurately followed my collecting, I have been working on 1956 Topps since August of  2011. I never expected that I would finish the set, but nearly 7 years on I am finally getting within striking distance of just that.






With these 4 cards, I am down to needing 43 cards to finish the set. I have most of the bigger stars like Aaron, Clemente, and Mays.  The biggest names I lack are Mantle and Koufax.  I am getting close to pulling the trigger on an airline ticket to Cleveland for the National Show and I think that would be a great place to look for affordable copies of one or both of those two.

What I am listening to: Angel From Montgomery by Tedeschi Trucks Band and Bonnie Raitt

 

3 comments:

  1. Nice!! Just 43 to go for this set is fantastic.

    Hoping to hit the National this year myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! This is my dream set. I'll never actually try to build it... but I am slowly gathering up the HOFers from the set.

    ReplyDelete