Thursday, January 26, 2017

1963 Fleer Autograph Project - Part 60

Well, I guess I achieved one of my 2017 goals and January isn't even over!


A couple dozen autographed 1963 Fleer cards showed up on EBay a couple weeks ago. Most I had but two I didn't.  This Gene Oliver card above which (obviously) I won and a Dick Farrell that I did not.  I was able to score the Oliver for less than $25 delivered.  The Farrell, which I bid way too much for, went for $132.  I suppose that is because he died in 1977 before the autograph craze really took hold.  I would have liked to snag that one, but I am not upset given the crazy price it went for.

This is the 60th autographed 1963 Fleer card in my collection, out of a total of 66 cards in the set.

I need the following cards to complete this quest:

5 - Willie Mays
23 - Vic Power
34 - Vada Pinson
38 - Dick Farrell
56 - Roberto Clemente
60 - Ken Boyer

What I am listening to: King Nothing by Metallica


1 comment: