Thursday, August 11, 2011

Big Show Saturday

So, I have been saving my pennies and am heading off to the big bi-monthly show up in OKC Saturday morning. I have a few goals for the show:

  1. Make a good size dent in my 1977 want list. I need 86 more cards to finish that 660 card set. Unfortunately, I still need most of the big dollar cards. Roger Neufeldt of Sports Memories of Oklahoma is going to be there Saturday. Roger is a premier vintage dealer. He normally only does shows in Major League cities, but does do a few local shows each year to support the Central Oklahoma collecting community. He always has Near Mint to Mint cards. The only down side is that, because he deals in such high quality cards, that he charges pretty close to book value. I could blow my entire bankroll with him on 1977 if I don't watch closely. There is another vintage dealer out of Wichita that is at most of these local shows. He is new, so his card quality is hit or miss, but I can probably knock off a decent number of the remaining commons with him and save a little money

  2. Find a few more 2011 Heritage short prints and maybe even a few of the 13 remaining cards I need for 2011 Series 2.

  3. At the last show, there was a dealer that had an unopened box of 2010 Topps Heritage for $75. For reasons I cannot remember, I didn't pull the trigger on it then. But, I'm going to scan the floor and see if he still has it. I like Heritage and think I may make my second collecting goal (after working on my pre-1980 vintage sets is to start building the various Heritage sets.

  4. Ask around and see if anyone has any leads on 2004 Fleer Greats Cut Signature Edition packs or boxes.


  5. Get a 1956 Topps cards, since I really like the design. Quality unimportant.


So, those are my goals in priority order.

In the next day or so, I may also publish a look at 2011 Topps Lineage. I bought a blaster of that last night and, frankly, I just don't get the set. Well, let me rephrase that. I get the set, I just don't like it. It has some really good ideas at it's core, but I think it is poorly done as a standalone set.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck at the show. Sounds like you have some goals that are right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete