Thursday, March 12, 2020

New PC Addition

It has been a while since I added anything new to my Paul Blair player collection.  If my blogging history can be believed, it has been over a year.  The last entry of an addition to this PC was November 27, 2018.  My blogging has been sporadic since then, so there may have others, but I don't think so.

Anyways, here is a new one:



Most hobbyists will recognize this as a (somewhat stained) 1966 Topps card.  The keen-eyed observer will recognize that this card isn't stained so much as printed on lower quality stock and is actually a Topps Venezuelan.

I recently won a lot of six 1966 Venezuelans on eBay. I only really wanted this one, but decided to add two others to my miscellaneous vintage binder.  I have already found a home for the remaining three.  This is my third Venezuelan card in my Blair PC.  I also have a 1967 Topps and a 1972 Photostamp.  I haven't fully researched it yet, but I am only aware of two other Blair Venezuelans: 1968 Topps and 1972 Winter League.

This is the 117th unique card in my Blair PC.  The Trading Card Database has 176 cards listed for Blair.  I am about to start working my way through that list and reconcile against my collection to make sure I have a good (though likely not comprehensive) list of wants. I hope it won't take too long. But, spring is sprung around here and the outdoor farm project season is ramping up.  So we'll see how it goes.

What I am listening to: Grey in L.A. by Loudon Wainwright III


3 comments:

  1. Those cards can be extremely difficult to track down, so congrats on being able to get another one of your guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how I'm not interested in some variations and others, like Venezuelans are fascinating to me. Too bad they're so pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 117 out of 176 is darn impressive... just like this 66T Venezuelan. Have fun knocking off the final 59.

    ReplyDelete