Friday, February 23, 2018

1961 Fleer Autograph Project - Part 16

I'm dang near caught up. Which is good, because I am heading to a card show tomorrow; my first in at least four months.  So, let me knock this off right quick now.  Here is the 16th autographed 1961 Fleer card I have added to my collection:


This one set me back the princely sum of $19 delivered, which I consider a bargain for a member of the baseball Hall of Fame.  Kiner's career was cut short, after 10 major league seasons, due to back issues, but was elected to Cooperstown in 1975. He had a long career as a NY Mets radio announcer.  At the time of his death in 2014, he was the last living player featured in the 1960 and 1961 Fleer Baseball Greats sets.  Only 5 other players featured in those sets lived into the 21st centurey (Lou Boudreau, Marty Marion, Bob Feller, Ted Williams, and Eddie Joost.)


What I am listening to: Things Have Changed by Bettye Lavette


No comments:

Post a Comment