Monday, January 18, 2016

Joy of a Completed Set - 1975 Topps

A quick trip to sportlots.com and my 1975 Topps set is now complete with these four cards.


Yeah, I got lazy and didn't bother to make sure I had a good quality scan. I just threw this wonky scan out there.  No attention to detail or respect for craft. What can I say. Life is busy and I have little free time to do a respectable job.

 The same seller had some 1979 Topps cards, but only one that I needed:

 

It is a bit diamond cut, but that doesn't bother me.  My main criteria are sharp corners, smooth edges, and border all the way around.  The corners on this are a little more worn than I would normally go for if I was buying in person. But, this is plenty fine. It isn't like 1979 is that valuable of a set.

This leaves me three cards to go to finish 1979, all commons.  I believe a trip to COMC is in the cards soon, to pick up the three remaining 1979s as well as some inserts for the various modern sets I am working on intermittently.

What I am listening to: Losing My Religion by R.E.M.



3 comments:

  1. It is my obligation to congratulate anyone who is wise enough to complete the '75 Topps set.

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete