Friday, February 21, 2014

February Card Show - Chipping Away

As I implied the other day, I did make a little progress on my vintage sets at the show.  I had hoped to knock off a whole bunch of the 1973 high numbers, but was not able to since a particular seller wasn't at the show. I did manage to find four 73s I needed.


 

This leaves me with needing to acquire 53 more cards to complete the base set.  I also need 18 more of the team checklist cards.  At this point, I think I am going to have to start looking on EBay and other online auction sites, as I am getting to the point where I want this set done so I can move on to working 1975.



Two more cards for 1959 Fleer Ted Williams, which brings me to needing 45 cards to finish the 80 card set.  In particular, I love the first card "Sox Lose the Series."  Why? Duh. Because the Sox lose the Series.  It brings a little tear of joy to my eyes.




Three more for 1961 Fleer, leaving me 56 to go to finish the 154 card set.


Add caption

And finally two more cards from 1956.  The Berra has surface wrinkles, which explains why I was able to pick it up for only $25.  But, they are hardly noticeable, and this card has great eye appeal.

So, now you have seen every last card I got at the show, vintage or modern.  Not a large haul, but decent enough for me to declare success.  I even walked out with money still in my pocket.

What I am listening to: Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd


1 comment: