Monday, December 30, 2013

Favorite Cards of 2013 - Part 1


I started thinking about this series of posts a while back and even had all the cards identified a couple weeks back. But, I have been remiss in actually doing anything with it due to a variety of reasons.  So, instead of one post per card, I am going to break it down into three posts only.

So, in reverse order, here are 12 through 9:

12.  2012 Topps Archive 3D Babe Ruth


I got this card from the mysterious Napkin Doon.  It seems like your typical 3D insert, but what I like about it is that only background moves when you tilt it back and forth.

11. 1971 Topps #709 (Dusty Baker and Don Baylor RC)

In addition to being the rookie card of two stars of the 1970s, it is a high number card, leading it to a book value of $80.  This was the last big ticket card I needed towards completing the 1971 set.

10. 1960 Fleer Ed Barrow



This card of a rather avuncular Ed Barrow is the most unlikely entry on this list.  But, as the architect behind the Yankee dynasty of the first half of the 20th Century, surely he is a noteworthy person?  And before you answer, consider that the Hall of Fame agrees with me.

9. 2013 Topps Archive 72 Mini Lou Gehrig





I got this card from Night Owl.  This card tickles me to no end. Not only is it The Yankee Clipper, one of the best ballplayers ever, but it is done in the fun 1972 Topps design. I am looking forward to building '72 Topps.

So, there are the first four.   Stay tuned for four more tomorrow.

What I am listening to: "Long I Ride" by Robbie Fulks



1 comment:

  1. Love those 3D inserts... can't wait to see the next 4. Enjoy a safe New Year's Eve and have a great 2014.

    ReplyDelete