So, it seems like a done deal that the Yankees have traded with the Cubs for Alfonso Soriano. This is great news for a number of reasons:
- Now every day will be Old Timer's Day at Yankee Stadium
- It will help the Yankees lock up the one category where they lead the league: number of players eligible for Social Security.
- His .287 OBP is a whole .002 improvement over current Yankee leftfielder Vernon Wells.
- He provides a vital link back to the Casey Stengel era Yankees. He can teach the under 35 set how the Bombers won back in the day!
- He and Andy Pettitte can combine forces and buy Metamucil in bulk.
- He'll have a better chance in NY of getting signed up to appear in a Cialis commercial.
- In 2004, the Yankees traded him to the Rangers for A-Rod. Now that he is back *and* A-Rod is still around, it should be blindingly obvious NY won that trade!
- With Curtis Granderson out of the lineup, the Yankees don't strike out nearly enough.